1) What will I receive in a SadoTech doorbell kit?
Depending on which doorbell kit you purchased, the basic components of our kit is a Main Receiver which plugs into a wall outlet or is battery-operated (Model CXRi) and the Transmitter Doorbell Button. A small battery for the Transmitter and 2 options for installation of the Transmitter Button: (1) Self Adhesive Sticker and (2) Anchors and Screws are included in all kits. Also, a mini screwdriver is included only in Waterproof Models.
2) Product Dimensions
|Product||Transmitter Button||Main Plugin Receiver||Portable Battery-Operated Receiver||Pendant Transmitter|
|Model C, CX, CXR, CXRi||41mm x 71mm x 18mm||80mm x 80mm x 29mm||80mm x 80mm x 29mm|
|Model C Waterproof, Starpoint LTW||34mm x 20mm x 86mm||80mm x 80mm x 29mm|
|Model F, FXR||71mm (L) x 41mm (W) x 18mm (H)||80mm (L) x 80mm (W) x 29mm (H)|
|Model G||86mm x 45mm x 19mm||95mm x 57mm x 36mm|
|Model H||41 mm x 71mm x 18mm||83mm x 83mm x 38mm||89mm x 56mm x 19mm|
|PushPoint PKBase||84mm x 19mm x 37mm||95mm x 76mm x 44mm|
|PushPoint Eco2||21mm x 32mm x 82mm||38mm x 68mm x 97mm|
|AcePoint AL||32mm x 23mm x 80mm||60mm x 60mm x 96mm|
|AcePoint AXM, AXR||32mm x 23mm x 80mm||60mm x 60mm x 96mm||80mm x 42mm x 108mm|
|SadoTech SOS||70mm x 44mm x 20mm||93mm x 60mm x 22mm||57mm|
|Crosspoint ECBase||79mm (L) x 35mm (W) x 21mm (H)||87mm (L) x 81mm (W) x 41mm (H)|
3) Are SadoTech doorbells weatherproof and/or waterproof?
Transmitter in model C/ CX/ CXR is not waterproof but weather-resistant. It is best to mount the transmitter under a protected area such as awning or canopy. And please install it the right way up - hole pointing down.
For 100% waterproof doorbells, please purchase any of the following models:
|Standard and Touch Series||Models C Waterproof, F, FXR|
4) What temperature is best for SadoTech doorbells?
|Standard/Expandable||5°F ~ 140°F||-15°C ~ 60°C|
|Model F, FXR||-40°F ~ 158°F||-40°C ~ 70°C|
5) What is the frequency for SadoTech doorbell unit?
This unit uses radio frequency at 433 MHZ.
6) Operating Range
SadoTech doorbell units can operate at a range of over 500 feet and 1000 feet in an open area.
7) How do I install the Receiver/Sound Unit?
SadoTech's Receivers are so easy to install, all you have to do is just plug it into a wall outlet. No batteries are required for the Receiver.
8) What is the Receiver power?
The power for the Receiver is 110 volt.
9) Does the plug-in Receiver unit work with 220-volt electricity?
Only the receivers from sets in the UK come with 220-volt sets. If you are anywhere else that needs 220v, look into the Crosspoint Doorbell. All US Plug-in receivers are only usable for 110-volt electricity.
10) How do you control the volume on the Receiver?
There are four levels of adjustable volume from 25db to 110db. Find the volume control button on the left side of the Receiver. Press this button repeatedly to get the desired volume level.
11) How do I install the Transmitter/Wireless button?
There are 2 options to install the Transmitter (both options are included with all SadoTech doorbell kits:
Option 1 - Adhesive Tape
Option 2 - Anchors & Screws (preferred method)
12) Can you mount the Transmitter button on a metal surface?
Yes. But for optimal performance, it’s better to place it on a non-metal surface.
13) What type of battery does the Transmitter button use?
The transmitter button requires a single A23 type battery which is included in all SadoTech doorbell kit. You can purchase replacement batteries here: A23 12V Battery
14) How long does the battery in the Transmitter button last for under normal usage conditions?
For C Series doorbell buttons it has been tested to last for 6 months if pressing up to 10 times a day.
For Starpoint doorbell buttons it has been tested to last for 4 months if pressing up to 10 times a day.
For Pushpoint Eco2 Battery Free Kinetic Self Powered Push-Button Transmitter, the lifetime is 200K times of operation (means press 15 times per day, it can work until 36years).
For SOS Button, if you press the button 77 times each day, the button would work for a month. But if you keep pressing the button, it only would work for 5.8 hours.
*If you keep pressing the button for more than 10 seconds, it will stop to send the signal unless you release and press again.
15) How many doorbell ringtones are there?
There are 52 different tunes for the doorbell ringtones. You can listen to them here:
SadoTech 1st Generation Doorbell Ringtones (Model C, CX, CXR, CXRi, B, G, F, FXR, K, K2, H)
SadoTech 2nd Generation Doorbell Ringtones (Starpoint Model LCBase, LR, LRB, Crosspoint Model ECBase, ER, ERB)
16) Will the ringtones play randomly each time the Transmitter button is pushed?
No. The doorbell will ring with whichever tune you preset it to be.
17) Can the Transmitter penetrate through walls?
The signal range can penetrate walls and doors. You should have no problems.
18) Is the LED on the Transmitter button illuminated at all times?
It only lights up when the button is pressed.
19) Can this be a silent doorbell that only cues you visually?
20) What is the battery life range for the motion detector? Acepoint
Battery life for motion sensor (5 times per day): 10 months
21) Can you erase/add ringtones in the SadoTech doorbells?
The ringtones are fixed in the doorbells, it means that you cannot add or erase any chime, only choose between them.